Do you need

Help & Advice

The Management of Inwood House have many years of experience within the Care Home and Health Care Industry. As such we are able to answer many of the questions you or your relative may have. However, we would always recommend individuals to take independent advice on specific legal or financial matters.

Why not contact us today or call in to Inwood House and we will be delighted to discuss your requirements and answer and questions you have about Inwood House, or Residential Care in general.


“I have been inspired with the professionalism and quality of care and attention to detail at Inwood from the start and was convinced that Mum wouldn’t settle but amazed how well she has settled, thank you for making mum so happy.”

Power of Attorney

An ordinary power of attorney

This is a legal way of giving someone else the power to manage your financial affairs when it is difficult for you to manage them yourself, perhaps because of a physical disability. Usually you appoint someone you trust, such as a close relative, friend, or solicitor as your 'attorney'. Nobody can simply 'take' a power of attorney. You have to 'donate' it willingly. The donor decides who to appoint as attorney, and can cancel the arrangement at any time.

Power of attorney only applies if you are fully aware of the implications of the arrangement. The power of attorney will come to an end if you become mentally incapable of managing your financial affairs.

Lasting power of attorney

A lasting power of attorney goes one step further than an ordinary power of attorney, because it carries on, or 'lasts', even after you have become unable to manage your affairs - whether temporarily or permanently, or because of an illness, disability or accident. Lasting powers of attorney have now replaced enduring powers of attorney, although valid enduring powers of attorney made before 1 October 2007 can still be used. No new enduring powers of attorney can be made after 1 October 2007.

For a lasting power of attorney to be valid, you must fully understand the implications of the arrangement at the time of making it. A certificate provider will need to sign a certificate to say that you are aware of the implications and that nobody is pressurising you into making a lasting power of attorney. (A certificate provider is someone who has known you for at least two years, or someone with specialist skills in assessing if a person is incapacitated.) The attorney must be at least 18 years old and must not be bankrupt if appointed to make decisions about a person's property and money. More than one attorney can be appointed at the same time.

Your attorney cannot start making decisions on your behalf until the lasting power of attorney has been registered by the Office of the Public Guardian, who will make sure your attorney is aware of his or her duty to act in your best interests. The Office of the Public Guardian will charge a fee for registering the lasting power of attorney.

There are two types of lasting powers of attorney:

  1. Health and welfare lasting power of attorney; and
  2. Property and financial affairs lasting power of attorney.

Paying for care

The cost of Private Residential Care can be a of huge concern for clients and their families. However here at Inwood House we feel we provide excellent value for money for the quality of care and environment provided. 

The Home has a contract with The City of Wakefield MDC (and other local authorities) to offer care to financially supported clients. Currently, Local authorities may be able to assist with funding following a "needs" assessment when an individual has capital or assets below £23,250. This figure is set by central government and could change.

Please contact us to discuss our current fee structure.

Frequently Asked Questions

Here you can find some answers to some of our more frequently asked questions.

Please feel free to contact us if have any other query or question about Inwood House, or indeed residential care in genearal.

Have you got a vacancy?
To find out if we currently have any vacancies please call us on 01924 272159. We will be only too happy to discuss your requirements.
How much does care cost?
Can I keep my own doctor?
Can we visit the home before making any decisions?
Do you have visiting Times?
Is there a hairdresser?
The hairdresser visits the home on a weekly basis, there is a small charge for this service paid directly to the professional hairdresser, with the home simply co-ordinating the service.
What do I do about a dentist or optician?
Do you have a chiropodist?
Can the District Nurse still visit me?
Can I have a newspaper delivered?
What activities do you have?
Care Quality Commission

Copyright © 2018 Inwood House
All Rights Reserved

Website designed and hosted by SuperSys IT Services